Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
A twist on the usual black bean and corn salad. Great in summer, but I love it year round! A nice, fresh, cooling salad for hot days. ^_^
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- Make sure everything is drained well, mix everything in a bowl and serve! Great alone, as a salsa for chips, or on a taco salad!
- (If you find your red onions garlic a little too spicy and hot, separately microwave them for 20-30~ seconds or longer depending on the strength of your microwave, and then add them.).
I made this as a salsa for a get-together. I changed the following: Two handfuls of cilantro, 1 and a half jalapenos, 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper instead of 1/4. I also added half a large tomato since I had it hanging around from breakfast. Although I have now made this a spicy cucumber salad, it is still one of the best (and easiest) things I have made in a long time. Never would have thought black beans/cucumber/corn would go so well together. Love it!
I just finished making this and it is so easy to make and so flavourful. Thanks for the recipe.
I really enjoyed the fresh flavors. Used Simple Black Beans for the beans and cut the corn off a cob of corn in my freezer. I know that I used more cilantro and I did drizzle in a touch of olive oil to help finish off the salad. Made for PAC Fall 2011.