I got this recipe from my Husband's family. It's an easy way to jazz up the usual rice. Cook time is estimated, and doesn't take cooking the rice into consideration.
- Heat Oil over medium heat, add shallots and garlic. Saute until soft.
- Add tomatoes and sugar, cook until thickened.
- Add Rice and stir until completely incorporated.
- Add spring onions, salt & pepper.
- Can garnish with coriander leaves, if desired.
This was nice and simple to make. I left the tomato mixture seperate from the rice so people could help themselves when it came time to eat. I also cut down the sugar to maybe a teaspoon or so. This was wonderful and I couldn't stop eating it! It was a great way to use the tomatoes from the garden; thanks!
Not amazing but pretty good. But also keep in mind that i used wild rice, so maybe that makes a difference. I thought it was goign to be too sweet at first, but it doesn't taste that way.
Wanted to try something different, so we had this. We used brown cooked rice here and making it was quick and easy. Tastewise, DH thinks that it's a bit sweet and adding sugar kinda hampered it. I liked it though when we had it with Family Favorite Sesame Chicken. Made for the Chinese/Vietnamese New Year tag game.