Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Fruit + soup = excellent combination! This could easily be made with frozen fruits. Time does not include chilling.
- 2 cups water, cold
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh soft breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon rind, grated
- 1 lb apple, cored, peeled & cubed 3/4-inch
- 1 lb pear, cored, peeled, & cubed 3/4-inch
- 1⁄2 lb cherries, pitted
- 1⁄2 lb plum, pitted
- 1⁄2 lb peach, peeled, pitted, & cubed 3/4-inch
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry jam or 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- 3⁄4 cup sweet white wine
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- Put the water, cinnamon, lemon juice, bread crumbs, and the lemon rind in large pot.
- Bring to a boil, then add the fruits, reduce heat, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Puree this mixture in a blender then add the jam, wine, & cranberry juice.
- Mix well then refrigerate.
- Serve when well chilled.
This would have been perfect and looked so beautiful after I served this in bowls with fresh pineapple and cream on top but there was just too much of a cinnamon flavor and unfortunately that ruined it so next time I'll leave out the cinnamon entirely.
This Soooooooo Gooood!!!!!! And this is the best time of year to have it,it is 95 degrees in the shade today,and this is ice cold and very cooling.Thanks for this great summer cooler!!! Darlene