1/10 Photos of Coffee Granita
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I should call this lazy granita as the use of the food processor makes this simple and less labor intensive than the typical process of watching the freezing ice and regularly breaking it up. This is a delightful summer treat that satisifies the need for an evening sweet. Cooking time is freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups strong coffee, at room temperature
- 3/8 ounce Splenda sugar substitute, add more to taste (6 packages)
Optional addins (choose one if desired)
- 1Add splenda and any desired flavorings into coffee. Pour into ice cube trays until mostly frozen - about 60 to 90 minutes. There may be a little liquid at the bottom of the cubes. That's fine.
- 2Put ice cubes in food processor and pulse until you have slush with no visible chunks.
- 3Place slush in a covered bowl back in the freezer for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.
- 4If you are freezing 30-90 minutes, remove bowl from freezer and scrape the slushy ice into serving cups.
- 5If you are freezing much longer, you may want to return the granita to the food processor for a quick whirl before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coffee Granita
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 19.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 0.2 g