Now that the word is out that chocolate is good for you (BUT only if not mixed with milk) why not have it for breakfast? This makes a nice change of pace from plain oatmeal. Karl did not think this was sweet enough, but when he sprinkled a little brown sugar over he was happy. Serve with ricemilk or soymilk to get the full advantage of those cocoa flavinoids.
- Finely chop the dates.
- Mix them with the oats, the cocoa and the salt in a 1.2 l microwaveble bowl.
- Stir in the water.
- Microwave on medium heat, 3 or 4 minutes at a time, stirring between each time.
- Towards the end of cooking, cook for only a minute or two at a time.
- When all the water has been absorbed and the oatmeal has a good consistency, it is done.
- Serve with soymilk or ricemilk, and a little brown sugar if desired.