1/1 Photo of Cocoa Oatmeal with Dates
Jenny Sanders's Note:
Now that the word is out that chocolate is good for you (BUT only if not mixed with milk) why not have it for breakfast? This makes a nice change of pace from plain oatmeal. Karl did not think this was sweet enough, but when he sprinkled a little brown sugar over he was happy. Serve with ricemilk or soymilk to get the full advantage of those cocoa flavinoids.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely chop the dates.
- 2Mix them with the oats, the cocoa and the salt in a 1.2 l microwaveble bowl.
- 3Stir in the water.
- 4Microwave on medium heat, 3 or 4 minutes at a time, stirring between each time.
- 5Towards the end of cooking, cook for only a minute or two at a time.
- 6When all the water has been absorbed and the oatmeal has a good consistency, it is done.
- 7Serve with soymilk or ricemilk, and a little brown sugar if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cocoa Oatmeal with Dates
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 284.9
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 85.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 8.5 g