Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
It costs a lot of money for a decent bottle of pasta sauce - so I thought I would have a go at making my own to freeze. It tastes yummy
- Fry the onions and garlic in olive oil until fragrant.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, zucchini and eggplant.
- There is no need to add liquid as the tomatoes form their own.
- Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for around 40 minutes- until everything is very soft.
- Season to taste.
- Strain the tomato mixture- do not reserve the liquid, and transfer to a blender.
- Add the chopped basil to the blender and blend until the sauce is smooth.
- Return the sauce to the pot, and add the sliced mushrooms.
- Simmer until the mushrooms are cooked.