1 hr 15 mins
Coco - Banana's Note:
It costs a lot of money for a decent bottle of pasta sauce - so I thought I would have a go at making my own to freeze. It tastes yummy
My Private Note
400ml c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry the onions and garlic in olive oil until fragrant.
- 2Add the chopped tomatoes, zucchini and eggplant.
- 3There is no need to add liquid as the tomatoes form their own.
- 4Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for around 40 minutes- until everything is very soft.
- 5Season to taste.
- 6Strain the tomato mixture- do not reserve the liquid, and transfer to a blender.
- 7Add the chopped basil to the blender and blend until the sauce is smooth.
- 8Return the sauce to the pot, and add the sliced mushrooms.
- 9Simmer until the mushrooms are cooked.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coco - Banana's Mushroom Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.4
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 2.5 g