Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a nice warming soup - I had it with thick slices of sourdough bread, which complimented it nicely
- Brown the onions and garlic in a little oil until fragrant.
- Add the celery and the carrot and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils and cover with the water.
- Bring to the boil, then let it simmer for 1/2 hour, or until the lentils are soft, but in tact.
- Add the tomatoes and continue simmering until the lentils are completely soft.
- Season to taste and add the dried herbs and the parsley.
- Stir well.
- Serve with fresh bread and salad.