1 hr 15 mins
Coco - Banana's Note:
This is a nice warming soup - I had it with thick slices of sourdough bread, which complimented it nicely
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the onions and garlic in a little oil until fragrant.
- 2Add the celery and the carrot and stir for 5 minutes.
- 3Add the lentils and cover with the water.
- 4Bring to the boil, then let it simmer for 1/2 hour, or until the lentils are soft, but in tact.
- 5Add the tomatoes and continue simmering until the lentils are completely soft.
- 6Season to taste and add the dried herbs and the parsley.
- 7Stir well.
- 8Serve with fresh bread and salad.
Browse Our Top Lentil Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lentil Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coco - Banana's 'le Puy' Lentil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.0
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 29.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 17.3 g