2 hrs 30 mins
Coco - Banana's Note:
I tried this dish at a very reputable vegetarian restaurant - liked the concept but did not like the flavourings. So I thought I would make my own... It is sort of like an alternative shepherds pie but vegan! I served it with steamed broccoli and roasted potatoes - Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the barley until it is soft.
- 2Meanwhile, begin steaming the sweet potato.
- 3Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until it has browned.
- 4Once the barley is soft, add the onion mixture, the mushrooms, the tomatoes and the herbs.
- 5Transfer it to an oven-proof dish.
- 6Mash, or puree the sweet potato with the sea salt until it is smooth, thick and creamy.
- 7Top the barley mixture with the mashed sweet potato.
- 8Bake in an oven, at 150 degrees Celcius for an hour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coco-Banana's Barley Bake With Sweet Potato Mash
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.3
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 84.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g