1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Apple Crisp
1 hr 15 mins
A perfect, basic apple crisp recipe. Add raisins or cranberries if you like. I use Granny Smith apples but you can use whatever kind you've got.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs apples, peeled,cored,quartered and cut in 1/4 inch slices (about 8)
- 1/2 a lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot (corn or potato starch would be an ok substitution)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch clove (about 1/16 teaspoon)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1Preaheat oven to 350 F.
- 2In a large bowl squeeze lemon juice over sliced apples.
- 3Add the arrow root and spices making sure all apples are coated.
- 4Move apple mixture to the baking dish and drizzle the maple syrup over it.
- 5Cover with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile prepare the topping.
- 7Sift dry ingredients together, and in a seperate bowl, mix wet ingredients well.
- 8Fold wet into dry mixing with a fork as you go along, until well coated and crumbly.
- 9When apples are done baking, remove from oven and toss, then flatten them evenly with the back of a spatula or wooden spoon.
- 10Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apple mixture and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, until top feels crispy.
- 11Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Apple Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.1
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 41.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g