Found in response to a request for a bread machine recipe for Ciabatta Bread. I love this stuff. It is one of the best breads I make!
- Place ingredients into the pan of the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Select the Dough cycle, and Start.
- Dough will be quite sticky and wet once cycle is completed, resist the temptation to add more flour.
- Place dough on a lightly floured board, cover with a large bowl, and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Lightly flour or use parchment lined baking sheets.
- Divide into 2 pieces, and form each into a 3x14 inch oval.
- Place loaves on prepared sheets, dimple surface, and lightly flour.
- Cover, and let rise in a draft free place for approximately 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Dimple dough for a second time, and then place loaves in the oven, positioned on the middle rack.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- During baking, spritz loaves with water every 5 to 10 minutes for a crispier crust.