Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This comes from the July, 2001 issue of Bon Appetit, via Epicurious.com. It's good with chips, and served as a relish.
- 8 ounces tomatillos, husked, rinsed, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapenos
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Yummy, this came wonderful with grilled lamb!
It combined all ingredients and let them sit for more than one hour except salt which I added just before serving as this would soak water.
The fresh and spice taste vere wonderful and cilantro (one of my favorite herbs did its work and made this very tasty.
Thanks a lot for your recipe, it was a real runner!
I made this using home grown verde and morado Tomatillos. Pulsing everything in the food processor Skipping the sugar. This is spicy good. Gracias. Made for ZWT #8.