Onions, garlic and basil add spice to tender eggplant in this rich and fantastic tasting tomato sauce, which goes a long way! Adjust the red pepper flakes according to your taste. This is from Meals.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pressure cooker, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- 3Add water, tomato paste, eggplant, tomatoes, basil, salt and red pepper flakes.
- 4Following manufacturer's directions bring to high pressure.
- 5Cook 4 minutes, then allow pressure to come down.
- 6Remove lid and cook, stirring, until sauce is thick.
- 7Serve hot over pasta and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chunky Eggplant (Aubergine) Sauce for Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.1
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 438.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g