Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Onions, garlic and basil add spice to tender eggplant in this rich and fantastic tasting tomato sauce, which goes a long way! Adjust the red pepper flakes according to your taste. This is from Meals.com.
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add water, tomato paste, eggplant, tomatoes, basil, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Following manufacturer's directions bring to high pressure.
- Cook 4 minutes, then allow pressure to come down.
- Remove lid and cook, stirring, until sauce is thick.
- Serve hot over pasta and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.