Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Onions, garlic and basil add spice to tender eggplant in this rich and fantastic tasting tomato sauce, which goes a long way! Adjust the red pepper flakes according to your taste. This is from Meals.com.
- In a pressure cooker, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add water, tomato paste, eggplant, tomatoes, basil, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Following manufacturer's directions bring to high pressure.
- Cook 4 minutes, then allow pressure to come down.
- Remove lid and cook, stirring, until sauce is thick.
- Serve hot over pasta and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.