Rich and intense
My Private Note
- 1In a saucepan, combine the water and sugar; place pan over medium heat.
- 2Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- 3Whisk in the cocoa powder and bring mixture to a simmer.
- 4Simmer for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5Remove pan from heat and pour through a fine strainer into a bowl.
- 6Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 7Stir the cool mixture, then freeze in 1 or 2 batches in an ice cream maker by following the manufacturer’s directions.
- 8When finished, the sorbet will be soft but ready to eat; for firmer sorbet, transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze several hours.
- 9*Chocolate Espresso Sorbet—add 1 teaspoon espresso powder along with the cocoa powder; proceed as directed.
- 10*Chocolate Mint Sorbet—add ½ teaspoon peppermint extract to the cooled mixture before freezing; proceed as directed.
- 11*Chocolate Nut Sorbet—add ½ cup chopped toasted pecans or almonds to the machine when the sorbet is semifrozen; allow the machine to mix in the nuts; proceed as directed.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Sorbet (Dark and Dense)
Serving Size: 1 (760 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.6
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 67.1 g
- Protein 5.6 g