Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My absolute favorite chili! And so easy to make, especially if you have chopped peppers and onions in the freezer. From Vegetarian Times, Nov 2001. After 10 years, my copy is about to give up the ghost, so thought I better put it somewhere safe :)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (green or yellow)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and corn, and cook, stirring often, 2 minutes.
- Stir in chipotle powder, chili powder, cumin, and oregano and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes, and 3/4 cup water.
- Reduce heat, partially cover pan and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes. If chili becomes too thick, add water.
- If desired, dress with shredded cheese, sour cream before serving.