Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great salad for a summer lunch or dinner under the stars.
Make and share this Chilli Pumpkin Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Boil, bake or microwave the pumpkin until soft but not mushy.
- Peel the onion and slice into rings.
- When the pumpkin has cooled, peel it and cut it into bite size cubes.
- Fry the onion rings in about 1 tablespoon of olive oil until translucent.
- Drain beetroot.
- When the ingredients are cool, mix them all together with the sweet chili sauce, season to taste, refrigerate and serve.
Made this with a few adjustments to suit the family's taste. Roasted the pumpkin cubes and onion wedges in some olive oil with a touch of paprika and some garlic powder. Cubed the baby beets and added some cucumber and fresh parsley with the sweet chilli sauce. Great colours, easy to put together and great taste. I too thought it tasted even better the next day as leftovers.
Simple,quick and even the kids really liked it. The leftovers taste better the next day too!