A delicious Chic Pea salad that will please any palate, and it hardly has any fat. Its also FULL of protein.
My Private Note
cups (a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups of drained chickpeas
- 3 stalks scallions, finely chopped down to the white
- 1/2 a red onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, shaved, and chopped
- 1/2 cup of caned corn kernel, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup black olives, slice olives in slivers (measure BEFORE you cut)
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup couscous (1/2 c AFTER cook) (optional)
- balsamic vinegar
- red wine vinegar
- olive oil (I prefer 'Kalamata olive oil', though any will do)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (or a squeeze of fresh lemon)
- 1After cutting up and prepping all ingredients, throw them all into a big bowl.
- 2Add vinegars, oil, and seasonings (salt, pepper, lemon juice) in a separate bowl, fork whisk for a few seconds and pour over the salad.
- 3Stir it up a few times to get the dressing evenly disbursed.
- 4Chill for 30 minutes or more, then serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea Salad (Garbanzo Bean Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.2
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 457.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g