Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 20 mins
Found this in a stack of Danish recipes. Serve cold on puddings, fruit cakes, pound or other cakes.
Make and share this Cherry Brandy Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and pit cherries.
- Cook in water to cover with cinnamon stick 1 hour.
- Discard cinnamon stick.
- Put cherries through a sieve and bring the juice to the boiling point.
- Soften the cornstarch with a little cold water, mix with the sugar and stir into the juice.
- Cook 10 to 12 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in brandy.
- Serve cold on puddings, fruit cakes, pound or other cakes.
Took some time, but the sauce was delicious. I served it over vanilla ice cream & angel food cake. I will make again after purchasing a cherry pitter!