Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe hails from "Breaking the Food Seduction" by Neal Barnard, MD. It's high in protein, low in calories and dairy free!
- Place vegetables and water in a large soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, and simmer until veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
- remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer in small batches to a blender and puree (carefully!) until smooth.
- Reheat in a soup pot over medium high heat, stirring often, until hot.
- Do not boil.
This is very good! I did make a few adjustments, but I don't think any of them drastically altered the flavor. I left the potato and carrot unpeeled for nutrients, which left the texture of the soup not entirely smooth. This did not bother me, but if you have texture issues, I would recommend peeling. I also added a clove of garlic to the veggies and omitted the garlic and onion powders. Finally, I added a couple of dashes each of Pickapeppa and hot sauce. This soup actualy tastes unhealthy (very rich), but it is obviously very healthy!