1/1 Photo of Cheater's Bean Soup
Jenny Sanders's Note:
A very fast and easy soup made by doctoring canned goods. Reasonably low fat, high fibre, vegetarian. And yet - people like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain and rinse the beans, but keep the liquid in which the beans were packed.
- 2Puree the beans thoroughly in a food processor.
- 3Saute the seasonings in the oil in a large soup pot.
- 4Add the beans, the vegetable cocktail and the sugar.
- 5Stir well.
- 6Bring to a simmer.
- 7Taste the soup, and thin it with water or the bean liquid, according to whether you think the soup needs more salt or not.
- 8(The bean packing liquid is very salty.) Serve with chopped coriander and lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheater's Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.0
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 370.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.1 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 18.2 g