1/2 Photos of Chana Ko Tarkari
From The Adventure Chef. http://www.akdiscovery.net/features/Himalaya/chef/
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (400 g) cans organic garbanzo beans, drained (chickpeas)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 dried red chilies
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- chopped cilantro and red onion (to garnish)
- 1Heat oil in wok or large pot.
- 2Fry red chills for a few seconds until almost black (make sure they don't burn).
- 3Add onion and stir for about 3 minutes.
- 4Add garlic and ginger, stir for about 1 minute.
- 5Then add curry powder and turmeric and stir for another minute.
- 6Add garbanzo beans (chickpeas), stir, and add in water.
- 7Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes over medium heat.
- 8Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- 9Garnish with cilantro and red onion and serve.
Nutritional Facts for Chana Ko Tarkari
Serving Size: 1 (565 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 476.6
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 907.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 17.0 g