Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From The Adventure Chef. http://www.akdiscovery.net/features/Himalaya/chef/
Make and share this Chana Ko Tarkari recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (400 g) cans organic garbanzo beans, drained (chickpeas)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 dried red chilies
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- chopped cilantro and red onion (to garnish)
- Heat oil in wok or large pot.
- Fry red chills for a few seconds until almost black (make sure they don't burn).
- Add onion and stir for about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger, stir for about 1 minute.
- Then add curry powder and turmeric and stir for another minute.
- Add garbanzo beans (chickpeas), stir, and add in water.
- Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and red onion and serve.
Absolutely sensational way to prepare chickpeas, with lots of strong flavours and beautiful colours. There are only two of us, so I made 1/3 of a batch, following the recipe exactly. No need to change a thing. I will make this often -- as a side dish or a lunch. Thanks so very much for posting.