Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from the food network. For the Scandinavian part of the World Tour!
Make and share this Champagne Infused Strawberry Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups water
- 9 cups strawberries (frozen can be used)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup champagne (or sparkling wine)
- 6 mint leaves, plus more, for garnish
- lime sorbet (yogurt or vanilla ice cream may be substituted) (optional)
- In a saucepan, bring water, strawberries, sugar, lemon juice, and Champagne to a boil.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes, then add mint leaves. Let cool to room temperature.
- Blend together with an immersion blender or in a standing blender, then strain through a sieve. Chill in the refrigerator, covered, for 3 hours.
- Serve in soup bowls with a scoop of ice cream, sorbet, or plain/vanilla/lemon yogurt. Or just plain! Garnish with mint leaves.
I made half the recipe cutting back on the sugar even more. Enjoyed very much. Tasted when warm and was just as good cold! Garnish with cream and mint leaves.
I halved this recipe and used strawberry sorbet (already on hand), lime sorbet and lemon basil sorbet in tiny little balls (the small end of the melon baller). The colors were lovely and the mint garnish very pretty--I reserved a few whole strawberies and served glasses of the champagne with the berries along with the soup. Good one, Jessica!