From the Cascadia Restaurant, in Seattle. Time consuming, but definitely worth it--fried twice for authenticity and crispiness. Time does not include 1 hour or more chill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot suitable for frying, preheat oil to 320 degrees.
- 2Scrub potatoes under cold water.
- 3Cut into 1/4"x1/4"x2" sticks, leaving the peels on.
- 4Keep the potatoes in cold water while preparing, and when all are cut, rinse well under cold water, removing all excess starch.
- 5Drain well, and dry on paper towels.
- 6Fry a small amount at a time, until softened but not brown.
- 7Drain and spread on cooling rack over paper towels or newspaper.
- 8After all potatoes are fried, cool and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- 9Combine the garlic, rosemary and parsley.
- 10Heat oil to 425 degrees.
- 11Fry the cold fries, small amounts at a time until golden brown.
- 12Drain and place on a paper-towel lined cookie sheet.
- 13Add fries to bowl with garlic and herbs, and toss to coat.
- 14Serve fries immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cascadia Rosemary Garlic Fries
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g