Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the Cascadia Restaurant, in Seattle. Time consuming, but definitely worth it--fried twice for authenticity and crispiness. Time does not include 1 hour or more chill.
- In a large pot suitable for frying, preheat oil to 320 degrees.
- Scrub potatoes under cold water.
- Cut into 1/4"x1/4"x2" sticks, leaving the peels on.
- Keep the potatoes in cold water while preparing, and when all are cut, rinse well under cold water, removing all excess starch.
- Drain well, and dry on paper towels.
- Fry a small amount at a time, until softened but not brown.
- Drain and spread on cooling rack over paper towels or newspaper.
- After all potatoes are fried, cool and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Combine the garlic, rosemary and parsley.
- Heat oil to 425 degrees.
- Fry the cold fries, small amounts at a time until golden brown.
- Drain and place on a paper-towel lined cookie sheet.
- Add fries to bowl with garlic and herbs, and toss to coat.
- Serve fries immediately.