This is a very superior fruit salad from Scotland, to be made at the height of summer with all the most delicate of bush and tree fruits, together with a few old faithfuls, such as bananas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb sugar
- 10 fluid ounces water
- 3 1/2 fluid ounces red wine
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1 dash sherry wine
- 1Put the sugar, water and wine in a small saucepan, bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- 2Allow to cool, and then pour this syrup into a bowl and stir in the lemon juice and sherry.
- 3Dip the peaches and apricots very briefly in boiling water and then skin them carefully.
- 4Slice them and put them immediately into the syrup.
- 5Pare the skin and pith from the orange with a sharp knife and cut it into slices, catching the juice on a plate.
- 6Put the orange slices and juice into the salad.
- 7Slice the bananas and add them too.
- 8Lastly put in the raspberries, strawberries, and cherries, halved and stoned.
- 9Spoon some of the liquid over the fruit and chill thoroughly before serving with or without whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carse of Gowrie Fruit Salad
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.1
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 82.3 g
- Protein 2.9 g