A simple and very delicious little salad or side dish that will compliment most summer menus. This recipe was adapted from the book "Yamuna's Table".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups carrots, finely shredded
- 1 quart boiling water
- 1/2 serrano chilies or 1/2 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cashews or 2 tablespoons almonds or 2 tablespoons peanuts, toasted until golden & finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1Place the carrots in a colander and pour the boiling water over them.
- 2Drain well.
- 3Combine the chili, lime juice, and maple syrup in a bowl and whisk with a fork.
- 4Add the carrots, nuts and cilantro and toss to mix.
- 5Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carrot Slaw With Cashews
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.2
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 89.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g