Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A simple and very delicious little salad or side dish that will compliment most summer menus. This recipe was adapted from the book "Yamuna's Table".
- 3 cups carrots, finely shredded
- 1 quart boiling water
- 1⁄2 serrano chilies or 1⁄2 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cashews or 2 tablespoons almonds or 2 tablespoons peanuts, toasted until golden & finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- Place the carrots in a colander and pour the boiling water over them.
- Drain well.
- Combine the chili, lime juice, and maple syrup in a bowl and whisk with a fork.
- Add the carrots, nuts and cilantro and toss to mix.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.