1/2 Photos of Carol's Easy Pita Bread
1 hr 39 mins
Carol Bullock's Note:
A quick recipe for tasty pita.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Beat well about 1 minute.
- 3Then mix in the remaining flour, using just enough to make a soft, sticky dough.
- 4Turn out on floured board and continue to knead for 5 minutes.
- 5Divide into 8 balls.
- 6Roll out each one to about 1/4 inch thick and 6 inches in diameter.
- 7Place on very lightly greased cookie sheet sprinkled with cornmeal (although cornmeal is really not necessary if you don't have it).
- 8Let rise in warm place for 25-35 minutes .
- 9Bake at 450 for 4 min, and then turn over for 4 more minutes or until lightly browned.
- 10Wrap immediately in a dishtowel for 3 or 4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Carol's Easy Pita Bread
Serving Size: 1 (701 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.9
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 147.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 5.2 g