1/4 Photos of Caribbean Rice and Beans
Happy Harry #2's Note:
Another Andrew Weil, M.D. recipe that I just changed just slightly. This is very well received
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large pimiento, thin strips or 1 large roasted red pepper, cut into short thin strips
- 1/2 small green pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 -10 dashes Tabasco sauce (can use another hot sauce)
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1In large saute pan, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add pimiento, green pepper and garlic.
- 2Saute 2 minutes.
- 3Add beans, Tabasco, and vinegar.
- 4Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover nd simmer 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in rice and cilantro. Stir.
- 6Salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caribbean Rice and Beans
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.9
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 10.9 g