Very freshing and cool for those long hot summer days. Needs to refrigerate for 1 hour.
Make and share this Cantaloupe Sorbet recipe from Food.com.
- Put the cantaloupe chunks into the container of an electric blender.
- Puree until mixture is smooth.
- Measure 4 cups of puree and discard the rest.
- Return the 4 cups of puree back to the blender; add in the sugar and lemon juice.
- Pulse quickly to blend.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Freeze mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufactuer's directions.
This was tasty, and a great way to use up a large cantaloupe that needed some help. I think it would be especially tasty with 3 Tbs of midori melon liquor added, but I wanted my small kids to eat this so I didn't add any.
The perfect light summer dessert! I'm not the biggest fan of cantaloupe, but this recipe was wonderful. I added some strawberries as well to make it more to my liking. One of my favorites now.
Yummy! I didn't have lemon juice, so I used lime juice instead. It was really refreshing and was perfect in my brand new ice cream maker. Thanks!