Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Source: Anne Lindsay's New Light Cooking This dessert is best made when fresh local berries are available. It looks especially pretty if you garnish each serving with a strawberry fan. To make the fans simply slice strawberry from tip almost but not completely through, then fan out slices.
- Puree strawberries in blender or foodprocessor.
- Add sugar, kirshc and lemon juice then process to mix.
- Halve cantaloupe, remove seeds and cut flesh into bite sized pieces.
- Spoon cantaloupe and blueberries into 4 stemmed glasses.
- Drizzle sauce over fruit, garnish with strawberry fans if using and enjoy.
Excellent way to serve this fruit, just loved the strawberry sauce over the melon and blueberries. I bought some pre-sliced cantaloupe and it wasn't very ripe or sweet, so this sauce really saved it. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for 123 Tag Game.
This was a great idea! I always get cantaloupe in the summer and am tired of just chunking it up. This was soooo easy and the kids devoured it. I did leave out the kirsch as I was making it for me and my 3 preschoolers...they really liked being able to dip the cantaloupe in the sauce. I will make this again..it was so easy and tasty, I would even use it to entertain with.