24 hrs 10 mins
This recipe came from Tipnut. I love ginger in any form and using the slow cooker mades this even more appealing to me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel ginger and slice into 1/4″ thick pieces.
- 2In the slowcooker pour water, corn syrup and 2 cups of sugar–heat on high until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Add ginger bits, stir well, and reduce heat to low. Simmer in slowcooker for 24 hours. Syrup should be golden brown at this point.
- 4Cool, then strain. Reserve syrup for use as desired.
- 5Toss ginger in white granulated sugar until well coated, store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.7
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 71.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g