Prep 10 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This recipe came from Tipnut. I love ginger in any form and using the slow cooker mades this even more appealing to me.
- Peel ginger and slice into 1/4″ thick pieces.
- In the slowcooker pour water, corn syrup and 2 cups of sugar–heat on high until sugar is dissolved.
- Add ginger bits, stir well, and reduce heat to low. Simmer in slowcooker for 24 hours. Syrup should be golden brown at this point.
- Cool, then strain. Reserve syrup for use as desired.
- Toss ginger in white granulated sugar until well coated, store in an airtight container.