Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sprinkle mix on meat and enjoy!
Make and share this Cajun Spice Mix recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- Mix all spices together and store in a shaker.
I needed Cajun Spice Mix for Cajun Chicken Salad for Two that I made for dinner tonight. We thought it was a perfect mix of herbs and spices aand really enjoyed it a lot thanks Bec. I used all of the mix on two large chicken breasts.
Used this instead of straight cayenne pepper in Brown Rice Jambalaya. It worked really well. I made up a quadruple batch, so will be using it again on some chicken or steaks as well. I left out the salt so I can control sodium levels in individual recipes. Also left out the black pepper as I didn't feel like grinding a whole tsp of it ... just added what I needed to the recipe I was making. :)