1/1 Photo of Butternut Squash and Sweet Pea Casserole
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 40 mins
No salt or butter needed. Delicious and worth the effort.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 butternut squash, roasted
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 lb frozen peas, cooked in microwave
- 1 cup roma tomato, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, sliced in rings
- 1/2 vidalia onion, sliced in rings
- 2 tablespoons Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, Original Blend
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1Cut Squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. FIll seed wells with chopped onions, celery , and bell peppers and 1 tbsp of water. Roast in oven at 350 for 1 hour until squash is fork tender. Remove skin and puree. Use 1 cup fat free sodium free chicken broth to thin puree as it mixes in frood processor. (If desired, you can prepare squash the day before and store in fridge until ready to use).
- 2Cook frozen peas in microwave per directions on bag. Slice your onions and bell peppers into rings. While peas are cooking, place pureed squash in a 9x12 rectangular glass baking dish. Chop roma tomatoes and gently stir into squash.
- 3When peas are done, stir into squash gently with Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend. Layer your pepper and onion rings across the top of your squash. Sprinkle with dried parsley and a bit more Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning Blend.
- 4Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes until hot, but still moist.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash and Sweet Pea Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 51.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 4.9 g