This one came from my mother-in-law. We eat lots of rice here in Brazil, and this recipe is an easy and tasty variation on the Brazilian pilaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the rice and oil to fry in a small pan at high heat, stirring from time to time, until golden (about 5 minutes).
- 2At the same time put the water to boil.
- 3When the water is boiling, add it to the rice (take care, it will bubble violently).
- 4Add the salt.
- 5Turn the heat to low and put the lid loosely on the pan.
- 6Let it simmer for 12-15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed.
- 7Remove from the heat and let it wait covered for 5-10 minutes.
- 8Serve as a side dish to any meat or with beans.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Burn Rice
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.7
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 295.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g