Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
So delicious! It's perfect on a hot summer day... And it makes a great side dish for barbecues. (You can even serve it as a healthy dessert! - Try it with (vegan) vanilla yogurt ;))
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat (coarse)
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar or 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves (optional)
Fruits or nuts
- 2⁄3 cup chopped almonds (toasted)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, diced
- 1⁄2 lb fresh blueberries
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and chopped
- Bring water to a boil; add bulgur, cinnamon and salt. Stir. Let simmer 10-15 minute (until water is absorbed and bulgur is tender).
- Move from heat. Add beans, dressing, chopped mint leaves and almonds. Mix well.
- Gently stir in blueberries, chopped mango and strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or more.