Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Buckwheat is a cereal rich in lysine. Buckwheat groats are a very simple way of preparing this gluten free cereal.
- Cover the buckwheat with hot water, drain and dry it again, then mill it very coarsely.
- Cook with the listed water over a low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Spicy variation: add vegetable stock granules and season with fresh herbs and a little garlic.
- Can also add some grated cheese.
- Sweet groats: add a little honey and vanilla extract.
- Fold in ordinary cream or whipped cream to taste.