Missy Wombat's Note:
Buckwheat is a cereal rich in lysine. Buckwheat groats are a very simple way of preparing this gluten free cereal.
My Private Note
- 1Cover the buckwheat with hot water, drain and dry it again, then mill it very coarsely.
- 2Cook with the listed water over a low heat for about 15 minutes.
- 3Spicy variation: add vegetable stock granules and season with fresh herbs and a little garlic.
- 4Can also add some grated cheese.
- 5Sweet groats: add a little honey and vanilla extract.
- 6Fold in ordinary cream or whipped cream to taste.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buckwheat Groats
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 154.5
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g