1/3 Photos of Brown Rice Louise
A Dom DeLuise recipe. He says this makes a healthy, filling and delicious breakfast or lunch. . .or a great side dish at dinner time. You may use instant brown rice, but make sure you follow the instructions on the box (as it may use more or less water and will cook much more quickly).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook rice as per the directions on the package (usually bringing water to a boil, adding rice, returning to a boil, reducing to a simmer, cover and cook for 45 minutes).
- 2In a nonstick pan, saute onion in margarine until transparent (about 3-5 minutes).
- 3Add chopped apple and brown together for 5 minutes.
- 4Add the cooked rice and heat through. . .tossing gently. Serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice Louise
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.4
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g