1/3 Photos of Brown Rice and Barley
Koreans have long embraced the healthful properties of whole grains like millet, barley and oats. This combination is fragrant and delicious! Adapted from Gourmet magazine(March 2009).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the rice and barley in a sieve, then drain and move to a 4-5 quart heavy pot.
- 2Add water or broth and bring to a rolling boil.
- 3Reduce heat to low and cook covered, about 45 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Stir from top to bottom with a rubber spatula. Add salt and pepper to taste, or whatever seasoning you like. This is good served with veggies, soy sauce and a little butter too. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brown Rice and Barley
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.1
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 4.9 g