This is one of Christina Pirello's recipes! Crisp and light!
Make and share this Broccoli With Artichoke Hearts recipe from Food.com.
- Bring a small amount of water to boil and steam flowerets until bright green and crisp-tender,about 5 minutes.
- Plunge into cold water to stop cooking, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add hot peppers and garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in artichoke hearts and cook about 3 minutes, remove from heat and stir in broccoli and lemon juice.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve immediately.
a delicous recipe using two of my favorites...broccoli and artichokes. I used a 14 oz can of non-marinated artichoke hearts, squeezed and cut in half. the ingredient list said juice of one lime and the instructions said add lemon juice. I used juice of 1 lemon. was a perfect side dish to my grilled swordfish.
Very good. I substituted onions for garlic and pan roasted the broccoli instead of steaming it. DH gobbled it up. I found the amount of lemon (Iused a mix of lemon and lime) to be just right.
This was quick and easy, adding nice flavor to the broccoli from the artichoke hearts, garlic and pepper flakes. I cooked the broccoli in the microwave.