1/1 Photo of Broccoli or Cauliflower with a Soy-Lemon Dressing
Hey Jude's Note:
This is another great, easy, tasty, healthy recipe that I adapted from A Spoonful of Ginger by Nina Simonds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a sharp paring knife, peel the tough skin from the broccoli stems and cut away the stem ends.
- 2Cut off the florets and cut the peeled stems on the diagonal into 1 1/2-inch thick sections.
- 3Separate the larger florets so that all are approximately the same size.
- 4If cooking cauliflower, remove any leaves and break or cut into florets, about 1 1/2 inches wide.
- 5Arrange the broccoli or cauliflower in a steamer tray, or on a plate set on a rack.
- 6Fill a wok or pot with several inches of water and heat to boiling.
- 7Place the vegetable over the boiling water and steam 6-8 minutes, or until tender.
- 8I like my veggies crisp tender so I steam mine just a few minutes.
- 9Steam them till they're the way you like, check after 3-4 minutes.
- 10Drain any water from the broccoli or cauliflower.
- 11Put the vegetable in a serving bowl, add the dressing, toss lightly and serve.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli or Cauliflower with a Soy-Lemon Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 73.3
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 553.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g