Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Vegpeople.com. Change the list of ingredients to suit your own tastes, keeping the ratio of bulgur to water. We liked it with walnuts, dried cranberries, brown sugar, a splash of milk, cinnamon and cardamom. The serving size depends on how much you eat. It served two of us perfectly.
- Add the bulgur to cold water, bring to a boil, and then turn down to a simmer.
- Simmer in a covered pan for 12-15 minutes.
- After it is cooked thoroughly, add the dried fruit, seeds, and nuts, spices and syrup -- however much you want.
- Serve hot!
- Leftovers can be refrigerated, preferably without the syrup on top.
- Eat leftovers within a couple days.