Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This bread is very easy to make since you just stir and bake. It is especially tasty toasted. I adapted it from The Peaceful Palate, a vegan cookbook.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened soymilk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsulphured molasses
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 5x9-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray (I also line it with parchment paper).
- Mix soy milk and vinegar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flours, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the soy milk mixture, molasses, and raisins.
- Stir just enough to combine.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack.