Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a show-stopper dessert from The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen. It's easy to make and your guests will feel very special. I used a California Cabernet and these were delicious.
- Cut a thin level horizontal slice from the bottom of each pear so they can easily stand upright.
- In a medium stockpot, combine the wine, water, sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Remove from heat and carefully stand pears upright in pot.
- Return pot to burner and bring to brisk simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduct the heat to low, cover, and simmer gently until pears are very tender but not falling apart, 1 to 1 1/2 hours, basting with liquid occasionally.
- With slotted spoon transfer pears to a individual serving plates.
- Meanwhile, boil the cooking liquid over high heat until syrupy and reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Remove and discard cinnamon pieces.
- Spoon syrup evenly over the pears; let cool to room temperature.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Or cover and refrigerate 1- 24 hours and serve chilled.