Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from sparkpeople.com who reprinted with permission from How it all Vegan! I'm not sure about pancakes with no egg, but I plan on trying this as soon as my bananas get ripe.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 1⁄4 cups soymilk
- 1 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
- sliced fresh fruit (for topping)
- maple syrup (for topping)
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and baking powder together.
- In a small bowl, mash the banana with a fork and add 1/4 cup of the milk, mixing together until there are no lumps. Add the banana mixture, sugar or honey, and remaining soy milk to the dry mix and stir together until "just mixed.".
- Portion out about 3/4 to 1 cup of batter onto a hot non-stick pan or a lightly oiled frying pan and cover with a lid. Let sit on medium heat until the center starts to bubble and become sturdy. Flip pancake over and cook other side until golden brown. Repeat process until all the batter is gone.
- Garnish with fresh fruit and maple syrup.
This was such a great recipe! I am constantly running out of eggs and then craving pancakes. It worked with regular milk and no bananas--we ran out of bananas, too--and they tasted delicious!