Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Based on a recipe from Anna-Maija’s and Juha Tanttu’s book, Food from Finland. This might even be good with some whipped cream!
- Combine water, blueberries, and sugar in saucepan. Cook and stir for about five minutes.
- Dissolve the potato flour in 50 mls of water. Remove the boiling blueberry mixture from heat. Thoroughly stir the potato flour liquid into the blueberry mixture.
- Return saucepan to stove and bring to a boil. Remove from heat as soon as the first bubbles appear.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cool.
- Serve cold with sweet rusks or cookies.
Very unusual but rather addictive. This was prepared just as written and I had a bowl when it reached room temperature. Whipped cream probably would be good on this sweet soup but I had it plain. Tomorrow I'll try it cold :). Made for ZWT6.