Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a nice spicy salsa recipe I found in an old recipe book I found in a second hand store entitled "A Taste of Mexico." It's quickly becoming a favorite resource for terrific Mexican, Southwestern and Tex Mex recipes.
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 8 jalapeno chiles, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup water
- In a small pan, simmer tomatoes and chiles for 10 minutes; drain.
- Place in a blender (I use my stick blender) and add remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
Very easy no-frills all purpose salsa. Be warned that 8 jalepenos for 3 medium tomatoes is pretty HOT. My variation which also saves time: No need to simmer the tomatoes or chiles. I add juice from 1/2 a lime. also, i blend 1/2 the tomatoes and stir in the other half for chunkier salsa.
super easy and yummy! Thanks.