Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is so much better than the jellies at the supermarket. Do not be tempted to rush this and squeeze the juice instead of letting it drain out overnight. Squeezing the berries can make the jelly cloudy. Prep time includes straining overnight.
- Combine berries and water.
- Bring slowly to a boil.
- Cook until berries are soft.
- Strain overnight in a jelly strainer, lined with cheesecloth that has been wrung out in hot water.
- Measure juice.
- Boil juice 8-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugar: 3/4 cup sugar per 1 cup of juice.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Return to heat and boil until 220F.
- on a thermometer.
- This should take 3-10 minutes.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.