Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From The Wise Encylopedia of Cooking, 1949. Prep time does not include chilling.
Make and share this Blackberry Flummery recipe from Food.com.
- Wash and pick over berries.
- Stir together berries, water, and sugar; heat to boiling.
- Make a thin paste of cornstarch and 2 additional tbs of water.
- Add cornstarch paste slowly to berries and cook 15 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add lemon juice.
- Suggested serving: in sherbet glasses lined with strips of sponge cake.