Nicole Neumann's Note:
I had some black-eyed peas in my pantry, but I didn't know what to do with them, so I found a recipe on recipezaar, but I didn't have the right ingredients, so I substituted just about everything and came up with a delectible concoction!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Microwave frozen squash according to package directions.
- 2Simmer black-eyed peas over low heat while preparing other ingredients.
- 3Saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic in olive oil until soft, approximately 5 minutes.
- 4Microwave Ready Rice.
- 5Mix Ready Rice with black-eyed peas.
- 6Stir in squash and the sauted ingredients.
- 7Add salt and pepper.
- 8Mix in hot pepper sauce more or less to achieve desired hotness (4 teaspoons will make a mild batch).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black-eyed Peas With Winter Squash & Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.6
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 451.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 11.2 g