Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had some black-eyed peas in my pantry, but I didn't know what to do with them, so I found a recipe on recipezaar, but I didn't have the right ingredients, so I substituted just about everything and came up with a delectible concoction!
- Microwave frozen squash according to package directions.
- Simmer black-eyed peas over low heat while preparing other ingredients.
- Saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic in olive oil until soft, approximately 5 minutes.
- Microwave Ready Rice.
- Mix Ready Rice with black-eyed peas.
- Stir in squash and the sauted ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Mix in hot pepper sauce more or less to achieve desired hotness (4 teaspoons will make a mild batch).
Very good!!! Hot sauce a definite part of it...I used precooked squash & rice, & added some celery that needed to be used.