This goes with the Cajun Style Grits with Blackeye salsa recipe. This salsa was so good that we are sure that it would be just wonderful with tortilla chips.
- 3⁄4 cup black-eyed peas, canned rinsed, drained, coarsely chopped or 3⁄4 cup cooked dry-packaged black-eyed peas, rinsed, drained, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno chile
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients. Let stand 20-30 minutes before serving.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups.