My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the rice in a large bowl and gently separate the grains and break apart any lumps.
- 2In a large frying pan, bring the water, onion, celery, garlic, and pepper to a boil, stirring frequently.
- 3Add the black-eyed peas and squash and return to a boil, stirring frequently.
- 4Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the peas and squash are tender and most of the water has evaporated, about 20 minutes.
- 5Add the rice, bell pepper, and pepper sauce and, stirring and tossing frequently, simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 6To serve, transfer to a bowl.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black-Eyed Peas and Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.3
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 393.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 16.7 g