Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is based on a recipe from Vegetarian Times. Very delicious, easy and cheap.
Make and share this Black Eyed Pea Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- Place the drained peas in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in skillet, add garlic, chilies, and cumin.
- Saute about 2 minutes, then add onion and corn.
- Reduce heat to medium, sauté until onions are very translucent and corn is thawed.
- Place in bowl with peas, mash with immersion blender and mash, it is OK if some peas and other items remain whole.
- Let cool and add bread crumbs, stir.
- Add flour and form into 4 patties on waxed paper.
- Heat skillet on medium heat, spray each burger with cooking spray.
- Cook on each side until golden brown.
- Store unused patties in Tupperware.
- To serve: Salsa, guacamole, cheese slice, lettuce OR sliced tomatoes, mayonnaise, cheese slice, sliced avocado on toasted burger buns.