Shannon Holmes's Note:
This is based on a recipe from Vegetarian Times. Very delicious, easy and cheap.
My Private Note
bean bu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the drained peas in a large bowl and set aside.
- 2Heat the oil in skillet, add garlic, chilies, and cumin.
- 3Saute about 2 minutes, then add onion and corn.
- 4Reduce heat to medium, sauté until onions are very translucent and corn is thawed.
- 5Place in bowl with peas, mash with immersion blender and mash, it is OK if some peas and other items remain whole.
- 6Let cool and add bread crumbs, stir.
- 7Add flour and form into 4 patties on waxed paper.
- 8Heat skillet on medium heat, spray each burger with cooking spray.
- 9Cook on each side until golden brown.
- 10Store unused patties in Tupperware.
- 11To serve: Salsa, guacamole, cheese slice, lettuce OR sliced tomatoes, mayonnaise, cheese slice, sliced avocado on toasted burger buns.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Eyed Pea Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1046.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 10.8 g